Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ballard's boneheaded move...


To say this ranks up there with some of the all-time dumbest things ever in sports is an understatement. I've never been a fan of the whole "I fucked up so I am gonna smash my stick into a billion pieces with my Hulk-like rage" thing. I get you screwed up and feel like shit. But what happened this time shows exactly why players need to keep their emotions even somewhat in check. As far as suspending Ballard? Nope. Believe me, being the butt of jokes for the rest of his career is punishment enough. Seriously, the guy could break Sittler's record of 10 points in a game, and they will still talk about this, with the record as a side note. Add in that he crashed into Colorado's Craig Anderson last night, and maybe goalies league wide need to be concerned about the threat of attack by the NHL's latest menace.

No comments:

Post a Comment